Music is an integral part of my life! I love listening to it - all the time! When I am working, at home or in the studio, I always have my earplugs in my ears blasting my favorite music and songs!
If I'm not listening to music, I will be listening to my favorite podcasts! They will be featured in another post soon!
Here's my list of favorite songs to listen to when I am in different moods! I will list my top five songs in each category. There is a mix of songs there - English, Hindi & Marathi! I have a playlist for every mood.
When I am happy I tend to play songs with a nice beat. A lot of dance numbers are included in the list, as well as party songs.
- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
- The Breakup Song from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Zing zing zingat from Sairaat - people who attended my lecture in Savannah got to hear this one!
- Pappu can't Dance from Jaane tu ya Jaane na
- Ainwayi Ainwai from Band Baaj Baaraat
When I am sad, I tend to listen to nostalgic or even romantic slow songs!
- Nothing's Gonna Change my Love for you by Glenn Medeiros
- Show me the meaning by Backstreet Boys
- Khoya hai tune jo ae dil from Sur
- Koi fariyad mere dil mein from Tum Bin
- Channa Mereya from Ae dil hai mushkil
Boredom always makes me want to listen to songs that have energy not just in the music but also in the words.
- I am woman by Helen Reddy
- When the going gets tough by Backstreet Boys
- Dil dhadakne do from Zindagi na milega dobara
- Wake up Sid from Wake up Sid
- Love you Zindagi from Dear Zindagi
When I'm excited usually I listen to party songs. Some of these are actually pretty meaningless but they compliment the buzz in my head.
- High heels te nache from Ki & Ka
- Dance Basanti from Ungli
- Tune maari entry from Gunday
- Shake it like Shammi from Hasee to Phasee
- Abhi to party shuru huyi hai from Khoobsurat
When I'm angry, I usually use music to calm me down. So I tend to listen to a lot of meditative, classical or soft instrumental music.
- Time on my hands by Frank Piano
- Erla's Waltz by Olafur Arnalds
- Eyes shut by Olafur Arnalds
- In the dusst of our Days by Lambert - sweet apocalypse
- Sonata in G Minor, Kk.8 by Domencio Scarlatti
Apart from these, I also listen to music when I am working to help me concentrate. I usually look up a Music for Concentration playlist on iTunes and listen to it!
What do you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, excited or angry?